Teaching is not one-size-fits-all, neither is professional development.
Pick what you want to work on, on your time, whenever it’s convenient for you
The Practice-Driven PD project GOALS
Designing and implementing high-quality, practice-driven professional development
- Honor teachers’ current practice
- Focus on instructional nudges that are high-uptake
- Provide teachers flexibility and choice
- Design for implementation at scale
Carrying out a rigorous research program
- Understand the impact of the PD on teachers’ instructional practice
- Understand the impact of teachers’ participation in the PD on student learning outcomes and engagement
- The general public
- K-12 mathematics teachers, schools, administrators
- Teacher educators and professional developers
- Mathematics education researchers
Practice-Driven PD involves explicit, incremental, high-uptake teaching actions delivered in formats aligned with teachers’ information consumption and current teaching practices.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 2101508. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.